The First Hospital of Kunming [Photo/kmsdyrmyy.com]
The First Hospital of Kunming, established in 1914 by the French, has developed into a large 3A-grade comprehensive hospital offering medical treatment, teaching, scientific research, disease prevention and healthcare.
The hospital has two campuses – the main campus and Ganmei Hospital – covering 2.53 and eight hectares, with a total building area of more than 220,000 square meters.
The hospital has set up 36 clinical departments and 16 medical laboratories, opening 2,100 patient beds. The liver and kidney transplant centers are listed at national level and 10 departments, such as neurosurgery, orthopedics, cardiology, anesthesiology and clinical care, are provincial key specialties.
The hospital has more than 3,300 staff members, of whom 291 hold senior titles, 25 have doctoral degrees and six enjoy a special allowance from the State Council.
It owns a batch of advanced medical facilities such as a Da Vinci robotic surgery system, 1.5T MRI, digital subtraction angiography, an artificial liver support system, and an argon knife and bone mineral density meter.
The hospital has signed a series of contracts with medical colleges and groups from home and abroad such as Sanford Health in the United States and the E-DA Hospital of Taiwan to improve its comprehensive competitive strength.
Addresses: 504 Qingnian Rd, Xishan district, Kunming, Yunnan province (main campus)
1228 Beijing Rd, Kunming, Yunnan province (Ganmei Hosptial)
Official website: http://www.kmsdyrmyy.com/ (Chinese)